Career Opening: Project Manager
Why Choose Development One?
For over 25 years, Development One has used a winning combination of innovation, artistry, and attention to detail to earn repeat business from sophisticated clients like NASA, JPL, and the U.S. District Court. Our team of experienced architects enjoys working on a wide range of projects that includes office buildings, courtrooms, aviation and aerospace facilities, I.T. centers, and laboratories.
Development One is currently in a “growth mode,” and we expect to double in size in the next five years. We are currently looking for an experienced, design inspired project manager who can support and participate in our growth efforts. This is a rare opportunity to claim a leadership role in a firm that is poised for rapid expansion.
As a Development One Project Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of a project as you direct and participate in the design process, oversee production, interact with clients, monitor project budgets and schedules, and assist with quality control.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in all phases of the design process
- Develop solutions for complex design problems
- Lead and manage teams across multiple projects
- Manage and oversee the completion of projects
- Meet regularly with clients and consultants
- Create and monitor project schedules
- Review all drawings and specifications for completeness, accuracy, and quality
- Participate in construction administration
- Direct, lead, and mentor staff to ensure professional development
- Professional Degree in Architecture from a U.S. accredited university
- 5 years of experience as a project manager in an architecture firm
- Proficiency with AutoCAD & Revit (Versions 2012 or newer), MS Office
- Able to work in a team environment and represent the firm in a professional manner
- Strong verbal and written English language skills
- On track for architectural licensure
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- 10+ years experience
- Licensed Architect
- Experience with Adobe suite, SketchUp
Life at Development One, Inc.
Development One’s design and operational philosophy is based on a set of core values that guide all of the firm’s efforts:
- Service Excellence
- Quality Accountability
- Purpose Driven
- Mission Driven
Our highly motivated and talented design team is passionate about our work, and we place great value on a team-oriented culture. The firm supports this philosophy with fun company sponsored team-building events, and opportunities for community involvement. Development One encourages our employees to lead healthy and balanced lives. We offer a competitive benefit & compensation package which includes:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Paid Holidays (Includes 2 Floating Holidays)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Innovation Bonus
- Annual Bonus (tied to company performance)
- Professional Development Seminars
Working as a Project Manager will require careful attention to detail, and the ability to open clear channels of communication with our clients. With that in mind, when applying for this job opportunity, please follow these directions: Submit your resume using the subject line “DOI Careers” and include a cover letter, a resume, and some samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you tell us about yourself in your cover letter and why you feel you would be a good fit for this position. Development One, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.