Building Extension, Telemetry Communications Facility- NAVFAC, Barking Sands Pacific Missile Range Facility, HI
Development One designed a slab-on-grade, masonry building extension to complement the existing telemetry facility at the Barking Sands Pacific Missile Range. The purpose of the project was to support the program’s requirements for new equipment and personnel.
We designed the facility to easily meet the demanding wind resistance requirements for Makaha Ridge in Kauai (up to 150 miles per hour).
The work included the following:
- Construction of Steel PEB building on concrete slab on grade
- Interior and exterior raceway for data system and telephone
- Intrusion Detection System (IDS)
- Fire protection
- Interior and exterior electrical distribution and lighting
- Air conditioning, plumbing, and storm drainage
- Site work for parking and sidewalks