Development One, Inc. designed a 12,000 square foot office build-out located on the first floor of the Chet Holifield Federal Building in Laguna Niguel, CA. The build-out was to accommodate the relocation of offices of the Department of Homeland Security / Customs and Border Patrol from the third floor. The project required demolition and asbestos abatement throughout various areas of the first floor.
The design of the new space included:
- Private and open office areas
- A conference and training center (featuring a movable partition)
- Break rooms
- A new LAN room (designed to meet stringent security requirements)
- A new fiber optic home-run cable was run from the existing LAN room on the fifth floor down to the first floor.
The design included the following upgrades to the existing infrastructure:
- New HVAC and fire protection components integrated with the current systems
- Upgrades performed as necessary to meet current building code.
- New duct work and fire sprinklers installed
- New electrical systems added in offices areas, including power and data ports.
Other important features of this project included:
- Walls were designed to include acoustic insulation to protect privacy in designated office areas
- IT systems were designed to support future security mechanisms such as card readers and other network security upgrades
- Development One, Inc. selected all interior finishes for the build-out