Flight Loads Laboratory Retrofit & Addition, NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center, Edwards Air Force Base, CA
Development One performed renovations, repairs and a new addition for this NASA project involving aircraft hangars, support facilities, restrooms, and utilities.
This highly complex project included:
- Creation of office space and consolidating operations
- Repair of exterior building envelopes
- Rehabilitation of building and utility infrastructure
- Improved access and emergency egress
- Provision of ADA-compliant restrooms
- Fostering sustainable, energy-saving, low-impact building practices
Significant upgrades to the fire protection and electrical systems fulfilled the stringent life safety requirements for labs that utilize extremely high heat for fueled aircraft testing purposes.
- New closed-sprinkler AFFF water-foam protection system
- Extending the automatic fire sprinkler system to the new addition
- Voice communication and paging speakers were upgraded
- Explosion-proof outlets were installed
- Existing power control cabinets and associated wiring were removed and replaced with a state-of-the-art 264-channel power control system