Jet Propulsion Laboratories, Building B301 Office Build-Out, Pasadena, CA
After performing a Work Space Consolidation Study for JPL, Development One produced bridging documents for a project to convert an existing ground floor parking garage in building B301 into an office occupancy.
The bridging documents will be used to bid and award a design/build contract to complete implementation.
Tasks for this project included:
- Site survey of existing conditions and review of as-built drawings
- Schematic design for architectural, structural, mechanical, and electrical equipment and systems
- Assessment of existing infrastructure and proposed upgrades to support the new facility
- Design parameters to include a minimum LEED certification of Silver, and all CAL Green requirements
- Code analysis of proposed type of construction, occupancies, fire separations, and yard, exterior wall, and opening protection requirements
- Analysis of Energy Management System requirements, as well as hazardous materials abatement