|NASA Information Technology Building – Design by Development One, Inc.||NASA Facility Support Center -Design by Development One, Inc.||U.S. District Courtroom – Design by Development One, Inc.|
As a Project Architect, you will be responsible for contributing to design ideas, developing designs, producing construction documents, and completing projects from beginning to end. Responsibilities: This is a very dynamic position, as the role is involved in all aspects of our practices. You will work closely with all members of the office, and play a key and recognized role in the design and production of our projects. As a Project Architect, you will perform the following functions:
- Leading design charettes
- Development of design presentations
- Conduct field work and client communications
- Coordinate with engineering consultants
- Production of construction documents
- Construction services support
Required Skills and Experience We are looking to welcome a new team member who is passionate about personal growth, and ready to apply their skills to building a successful career in architecture with us. The following list of attributes will make you a strong fit for this position:
- Experience. The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years minimum of professional experience in an architect’s office and construction related field.
- People skills and common sense; ready to contribute thoughts to conversations and projects. A reliable, trustworthy teammate who will be a positive ambassador for the firm as a whole.
- Relevant software proficiency. Working proficiency with Autocad & Revit (Versions 2012 or newer), and MS Office products is required. Photoshop and Sketchup experience is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills. This position requires frequent communication with our clients, consultants, vendors and staff. A strong candidate will have the writing skills necessary for specification editing, memo writing, meeting minutes, and business communications.
- Licensure is not necessary, BUT, a desire to make progress toward licensure in architecture is strongly desired.
- An architecture degree from a U.S. accredited institution is required.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION At Development One, we are passionate about our work, and place great value on a team-oriented culture. We support this philosophy with fun, company sponsored team-building events, and opportunities for community involvement. Our office features a kitchen stocked with snacks, fresh coffee and tea. We offer a competitive benefit & compensation package which includes:
- Paid time Off (PTO)
- 8 Paid Holidays (Includes 2 Floating Holidays)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Innovation Bonus!
- Annual Bonus (tied to company performance)
- Professional Development Seminars
Working as a Project Architect will require careful attention to detail, and the ability to provide information as specifically required by our clients. With that in mind, when applying for this job opportunity, please follow these directions: Submit your resume using the subject line “DOI Careers” and include a cover letter, a resume, and some samples of your work to [email protected]. We ask that you tell us about yourself in your cover letter and why you feel you would be a good fit for this position. Applications that do not follow these instructions will not be read. Only serious applicants please — we will respond only to candidates we wish to follow up with. No inquiry calls. Development One, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.