Telemetry Communications Building Extension – NAVFAC, Barking Sands Pacific Missile Range Facility, HI
Development One was selected to construct a slab-on-grade, masonry building to complement the existing telemetry facility and support each program’s specific requirements for both equipment and personnel.
The facility was designed to easily meet the demanding wind design requirements for Makaha Ridge in Kauai of 150 miles per hour.
The work included the following:
- Construction of Steel PEB building on concrete slab on grade
- Interior and exterior raceway for data system and telephone
- Intrusion Detection System (IDS)
- Fire protection
- Interior and exterior electrical distribution and lighting
- Air conditioning, plumbing, and storm drainage
- Site work for parking and sidewalks