Aeronautical Tracking Facility, NASA, Armstrong Flight Research Center, Edwards Air Force Base, CA
Development One performed upgrades to NASA’s Aeronautical Tracking Facility (ATF) at the Armstrong Flight Research Center at Edwards Air Force Base. This mission critical facility tracks multiple aircraft, the International Space Station, and was also used to track the Space Shuttle when in operation.
The existing HVAC system and electrical distribution system at the ATF were antiquated and in dire need of replacement.
Development One performed the following tasks to bring the facility’s systems into a state of reliable and efficient operation:
- The existing mechanical equipment was replaced.
- The CRAC unit serving the UPS was relocated to a new area.
- All ductwork, distribution devices and insulation were replaced to improve air delivery and energy efficiency.
- The existing controls were replaced with state of the art Direct Digital Controls, improving efficiency and reliability.
- The standby generator and UPS were replaced.
- Existing electrical service and distribution system equipment were replaced.
- Distribution panels and service switchboards were replaced.