Primary Electrical Distribution Repairs, NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center, Edwards Air Force Base, CA
Development on provided designs to repair the Armstrong Flight Research Center electrical distribution system by replacing high-voltage cables and equipment.
- Installing approximately 13,800 lineal feet of new concrete encased duct banks and 39 new electrical manholes.
- Expansion of three (3) existing electrical equipment concrete pads.
- Installation of four (4) new electrical equipment pads.
- Soil borings taken at the new electrical manhole locations in order to accurately predict the amount of granite bedrock that was encountered during construction.
- Repair of asphalt pavement to install new underground ductbanks.
The electrical scope included high-voltage cable replacement, new electrical equipment at substations, new high-voltage underground feed, and arc flash hazard analysis.