Fire Station Repair & Improvements, Naval Air Station, Lemoore, CA
Development One, Inc. provided the repair and improvements for a single story, slab-on-grade, split-face masonry addition to the existing fire station at the Naval Air Station at Lemoore.
First, the design called for the seismic separation from the original building. We then performed site grading to prevent flooding, and paved a new 4-inch thick concrete sidewalk and new 6-inch thick reinforced concrete pad.
The addition included:
- Sleeping quarters of six double-bunk rooms
- A training room with a kitchen
- A new ADA compliant restroom with a shower
- Exit and emergency lighting
- New fire protection and prevention attributes
We utilized a split system for gas heating and electric cooling, and nine variable-volume terminal units to create nine unique zones. We completed the Fire Station as scheduled and within budget.