Flight Loads Laboratory Renovation & Addition, NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center, Edwards Air Force Base, CA
Development One performed design services for a laboratory renovation and addition project for this NASA Project.
This highly complex aerospace project included:
- Creation of office space and consolidating operations.
- Repair of exterior building envelopes.
- Rehabilitation of building and utility infrastructure.
- Improved access and emergency egress.
- Provision of ADA-compliant restrooms.
- Fostering sustainable, energy-saving, low-impact building practices.
Significant upgrades were designed for the fire protection and electrical systems. The goal was to fulfill the stringent life safety requirements for labs that utilize extremely high heat for fueled aircraft testing purposes.
- New closed-sprinkler AFFF water-foam protection system.
- Extending the automatic fire sprinkler system to the new addition.
- Upgrades to voice communication and paging speakers.
- Installation of explosion-proof outlets.
- Removal of existing power control cabinets and associated wiring.
- Replacement of above systems with a state-of-the-art 264-channel power control system.
Back to Portfolio