U.S. Marshals Service Tunnel Repair, Edward J. Schwartz Federal Building, San Diego, CA
Development One performed design services for this GSA tunnel repair project consisting of water infiltration remediation and water proofing in the United States Marshals Service Tunnel at the Schwartz Federal Building.
The work included plans for the remediation of mold and water-damaged materials, as well as the removal of lead-containing paint in this 4,192 square foot tunnel connecting the Metropolitan Correctional center, San Diego Courthouse, and Edward J. Schwartz Federal Courthouse. Following remediation, the tunnel will be waterproofed and painted. All electrical, mechanical, fire protection and other systems will be removed and reinstalled to facilitate the required work.
Development One’s remediation plan included:
- Removal of all paint
- Mold and lead paint abatement
- Preparation of surfaces for waterproofing
- Removal of all wall and ceiling mounted equipment
- Removal/disposal of gypsum board ceiling
- Application of crystalline waterproofing system
- New painting of walls and ceiling
- Reinstallation of wall and ceiling mounted equipment